Correct use of doctor blade
The method of doctor blade installation is important. Improper installation will influence the ink removal effects and the lifespan of the doctor blade and cylinder. We can provide coating doctor blades, coating dotor blades, and carbon steel blades. Different doctor blades offer different suitable printing speeds. Proper components can improve the printing effects.
Install doctor blade
- When you open the packing box and pull the doctor blade out, please hold the body of the blade for safety.
- Inspect and clean the doctor blade before use to make print patterns clear.
- Test the pressure of the blade, making sure the pressure is as small as possible in order to reduce wear.
- The doctor blade must be clamped tightly in the doctor blade holder and the inner part of the holder should be clean completely in order to ensure the evenness of the blade.
- The edge is upwards and angle is 55~65 degree.
- The position of the doctor blade, the distance between cylinder and ink cylinder should be suitable. Only suitable blades can make sure the printing press works normally.
- The evenness of the doctor blade must be measured and the buckling of the blade is unacceptable. The installation and disassembly of blade should be quick and precise. The blade and top plate are linear.
- Swing blade along the cylinder axis and small swing during printing can reduce wear.
- The swing also can eliminate the blade burr resulting from the friction with cylinder and prevent the loss of the print pattern.
In a word, only proper installation of the doctor blade can prevent the breaking of the blade edge, increase blade lifespan and improve printing effects.